Anyone Still here can join. Will start trying to make posts soon. XD

"And when they're running for the hills, let them spread the word. Briarclan is too be feared!" He said, and again, the clan roared it's approval. Starclan, it seems, had made their choice."

whos.amung.us

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Story

I made a story about my life and how Briarclan started. Hope you enjoy!

P.s. I put shadowclan cats from sunrise in there.



Swiftstar’s StoryWith Shadowclan’s secretI was born as a rouge, living near an abandoned twoleg nest. My mother, Kiki, always talked about this vast lake a half days' journey from our den. She tells those stories often, and I've always dreamed of going there. The way she describes this lake, with trees filled with mice, rivers full of fish, and moors full of rabbits, it seems like paradise.

One day, Kiki took me out to go hunting, I spotted a mouse. And it spotted me. I went right after it, dodging trees and briars. This looks a little different. Pine needles cracked under my feet, as I pursued the mouse. Wait a second, there aren’t any pine trees here!

I heard Kiki cry out "Swift, come back!" The mouse scurried away out of reach. Hey! I could’ve caught that!“Kiki!” I was about to say, but before I knew it, three dark shapes slipped from the darkness. There was a big brown tom, with a long scar across his back, a black and white tom, and a young gray she-cat.The black and white tom stepped forward.

"Trespassers! And stealing prey too!" He looked at the other two members of his group."Ratscar, Shrewpaw attack!” Their claws unsheathed. “You’ve made a mistake-” But my mother's speech was cut short a two of the cats leaped at her.

The one named Shrewpaw was heading right towards me. I tried to run, but my legs buckled underneath me as she jumped on top of me. Then, I struggled to fight, but after a few heart beats Shrewpaw dragged me over to the other cats.

I found Kiki's body lying motionless on the ground."No!” I wailed. My mother was dead! What am I going to do without her?"This is what happens to cats who steal from Shadowclan.” The big black and white tom growled."We have decided to spare you. Join Shadowclan, or end up like her." He pointed his long tail to my mother. It seemed like a hard decision, but by instinct, I quickly nodded.

The big tom's name is Crowfrost, I had heard. The had led me to their 'camp'. We passed more tall pine trees, and a yucky scent was everywhere. As soon as we got to a bramble tunnel, a big white tom with black paws stood at the entrance."We have found an outsider that is fit to be an apprentice, Blackstar" Crowfrost meowed.“We found her lurking on our territory. Her name is said to be Swift.” An apprentice, what’s that? And I wasn’t lurking on their territory! I crossed the border by mistake!I was just about to object when Blackstar finally spoke. “Good. It seems you’ve been keeping a look-out like I asked. Shadowclan needs more apprentices. Leaf-bare has taken most of our kits. She does not smell of twolegs, so she must be a rouge, and not a kittypet. We will have an apprentice naming ceremony at dawn." Blackstar meowed.

They introduced me to the entire clan. Most of them seemed pretty nice. Especially Littlecloud, the medicine cat and his apprentice, Flamepaw. Soon, nightfall came. I slept in the apprentices’ den that night. Olivepaw was really nice, and let me use the nest next to her.

The next morning, Snaketail woke me up. I uncurled and groomed scraps of moss out of my fur. Looking up, I saw the creamy light of dawn was seeping through the branches of the den. Outside I heard Blackstar yowl “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the highbranch for a clan meeting!”Then I heard many footsteps as the whole clan withdrew from their dens. “It’s time for you to become an apprentice.” Snaketail meowed. I stepped out of the den.

“It is time for an outsider to join the clan. She has willingly accepted it. It is also good that she is a rouge, and unlike that kittypet, Firestar. Swift, step forward.” Blackstar announced. I stepped right in front of Blackstar, who was perched on a high branch. “For now on until she earns her warrior name she will be called Swiftpaw” He looked at Toadfoot. “Toadfoot, you haven’t had an apprentice yet, but I expect you to pass down your skills to Swiftpaw.” I touched noses with him. I was part of the clan!

Moons later, I was on patrol with Toadfoot, Crowfrost, and Olivepaw. We were ordered to set markings around the clearing in Thunderclan’s territory. When we were half-way through, a Thunderclan patrol leaped at us. Toadfoot ordered Olivepaw to run and get help. When we were holding them off, my paws felt as light as air, moving as swift as a shadow.Eventually, the reinforcements arrived and we won. When we returned, Blackstar called a meeting. She gave me and Olivepaw our warrior names. The familiar words where spoken, and he gave her the name of Olive heart, and I was named Swiftshadow. As all of Shadowclan chanted my name, I knew this is where I belonged, living by lake, just like my dreams.

Afterward, I felt living in Shadowclan felt wrong. The next night, Starclan visited me in my dreams. They said “Swiftshadow, you can stay in Shadowclan no longer, you must go and build your own clan. You will find loyal and trustworthy cats that will stand by your side. You will be Swiftstar, leader of Briarclan. The next day, I announced that I was leaving the clan. Then I set off to look for these great cats. And that’s when Briarclan started……….